Bayern Munich are still eyeing Callum Hudson-Odoi despite his recent injury.
The Chelsea winger suffered a ruptured achilles tendon as Maurizio Sarri's side slumped to a 2-2 draw against Burnley on Monday evening and has since had surgery.
Hudson-Odoi, who made his England senior debut last month, will be out for the rest of the season and misses the Nations League finals in June. He could also struggle to recover in time for the start of next season.
Bayern chased the 18-year-old in the January transfer window, having a series of big money bids rejected, and they were expected to go back in for him in the summer.
Chelsea are keen to sign him to a new contract, although Sportsmail understands Hudson-Odoi will not jump to pen a deal as a result of his injury.
And Bayern president Uli Hoeness has admitted they are still interested in him despite the injury issues.
'Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Hasan Salihamidzic have said that he is an interesting player,' Hoeness said on Wednesday after Bayern beat Werder Bremen in the German Cup.
'I think we keep thinking about it. But he's just on the operating table. Therefore it makes no sense to comment on this.'
Hudson-Odoi only started his first Premier League game for Chelsea a few weeks ago as they beat Brighton 3-0.
He will not be able to contribute as Chelsea chase a top-four finish over the rest of the season. They are currently fourth with three games left.