Police launch search for suspected Accra robber captured on CCTV
The police has launched a manhunt for a suspected robber said to be operating in parts of Accra.
In a press statement issued on Wednesday October 4, the police said “...CCTV footages of a lone robber circulating on social media is a matter already being investigated by the Police.”
It further stated that “Police intelligence teams have been working on the matter for some time now to get the suspect arrested to face justice, and we will surely get him,” the police stated.
The police additional security measures have been deployed in the affected communities to help prevent similar incidents.
Attached is the press statement from the Police:
Attached Below is a security incident flash by private security company G4S
We have intelligence of multiple armed robberies committed by an unidentified person within Airport Residential Area, Roman Ridge, Cantonments, and Labone Accra. Within the past weeks, he has robbed multiple homeowners at gunpoint of unspecified amounts of cash and jewellery.
His modus operandi is to explore unlocked and unsecured doors and windows to gain access into a building. sneak up into bedrooms of homeowners and rob them at gunpoint.
He also pretends to have accomplices with him at the premise but intelligence gathered so far indicates that he operates alone or at most with a standby get-away motor bike. In all the incidents, he appears to know the environment very well and manoeuvres through smoothly.
Early 30's Male. Armed with a handgun. Dressed in dark blue cargo pants and blue long sleeve sweatshirt.
Face mask and a winter head cover (beanie cap). Targets single unit houses so far. Targets wealthy Ghanaian nationals. No farced entry - enters through unlocked sliding windows and doors. Operates with confidence and calm - appears to have prior knowledge of the house. Very polite in his dealings with victims. No physical harm so far.
Be assured that we are collaborating with the Ghana Police Service. The Ghana Police service is working actively to track down and apprehend the culprit.
1. Keep all doors and windows securely locked - double check these before going to bed every night.
2. Ensure Electric Fence and Intruder Alarm Systems are active. Get an alarm system installed if you do not have one. Active CCTV and or new installation is also encouraged.
3. Hand over items requested by the robber if available; offer alternatives if requested items are not available (your life is worth more than any item of interest). Do not argue.
4. No sudden reactions, be compliant, and do not move unless you have asked permission to move.
5. Answer any questions truthfully. Should the assailant find out or suspect that you have lied to him, he is more likely to turn violent and unleash his frustrations on you and your family physically.
PLEASE BE ALERT AND BE SAFE