Today, we will look at the National Democratic Congress (NDC) manifesto and what the party has in store for schoolchildren.
The manifesto, this time, begins with the achievements the party has made in the past years.
Some of the party’s achievements include the following:
- Provision of three million school uniforms for children in needy and deprived communities across the country. With a population of 5.2 million schoolchildren, this means that three out of every five schoolchildren have been given school uniforms;
- More than 40 million exercise books have also been distributed to about 4.8 million pupils in basic schools nationwide as part of the party’s commitment to invest in children.
- Eliminated 40 per cent of schools under trees with the construction of more than 1,700 new basic school building.
NDC manifesto plans to pursue these programmes for 2013-2017
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
- Eliminate the remaining 60 per cent of identified schools under trees.
- Expand the coverage of the School Feeding Programme to all public basic schools in rural and needy communities.
- Continue the construction programme to eliminate the “Shift System” from the public school system.
- Construct 200 new Community Day Senior High Schools across the country, with emphasis on districts where there are no such schools.
- Strengthen the Computerised Schools Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) to place all JHS graduates into second-cycle institutions and other skill development programmes, including apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide facilities for students with disability to pursue their academic programmes effectively.