As the nation patiently await the Mid-Year review of the “Putting Ghana back to work” 2018 national budget, here is a reminder of the macroeconomic targets of the government in the 2018 Budget.Follow @Graphicgh
Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta is expected in parliament Thursday morning to present a review of the 2018 budget, as the year shifts into the final half.
Give or take, the prayer of many has been that the targets review will reflect an improvement.
- Overall GDP growth rate of 6.8 percent
- Non-oil GDP growth rate of 5.4 percent
- End period inflation rate of 8.9 percent
- Average inflation rate of 9.8 percent
- Fiscal deficit of 4.5% percent GDP
- Primary balance (surplus) of 1.6 percent of GDP
- Gross Foreign Assets to cover at least 3.5 months of imports of goods and services.
- All eyes on Finance Minister as he presents mid-year budget review today
- Mid-year budget review: 5 political parties share views
- Speaker worried over delay in budget presentation
- #Budget review: Minority appeals to govt not to raise taxes