World Boxing Organisation (WBO) super bantamweight champion, Jessie Magdaleno, says he remains undaunted about the prospect of facing interim WBO champion Isaac Dogboe next month on the back of a year's absence from boxing through a hand injury.
The unbeaten super-bantamweight world champion boxer Magdaleno (25-0-0) injured his hand while training to face Mexico's Cesar Juarez (who Dogboe stopped earlier this year in Accra), but he is extremely confident of defeating Dogboe (18-0-0) who he says is ‘nothing extraordinary’.
The Mexican American in an interview with pressmen said his Ghanaian mandatory challenger is a good fighter and he is 100 per cent ready for the fight on April 14 in Las Vegas, which will be only his second defence after stopping Adeilson Dos Santos in round three.
“It feels great, I want to get back in there. You know, I got anxious coming off from a hand injury and you know it’s not how I wanted to finish off the year but it's what happened and you know what?
"We are back 100 per cent with the hand again and come April 14, we are going to put on a great show," Magdaleno said.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
‘He’s a good fighter, he’s a very come forward fighter who likes to bang, likes to throw a lot of power shots and it’s nothing I haven’t seen before, you know I have been in there with the best and I am just going to come mentally and physically and be a 100 percent ready for that fight”.
The 26-year-old added that he ‘felt great’ and inspired to work harder given that the fight will be on the undercard of the Jeff Horn versus Terence Crawford headline bout.
“It makes you feel great, it’s a great step for myself as well, being on the card with the greats makes me happy and makes me work even harder than before. I think it’s gonna be a great night of boxing,” Magdaleno added.