The Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) has ordered the immediate closure of all beaches across Ghana as part of measures to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
This, according to the GTA is part of measures to avoid the spread of the COVID-19.
A statement issued by GTA said with the support of the National Security and the Ghana Police Service, it would be patrolling all the beaches from Tuesday, March 24, 2020, to ensure compliance.
“The GTA hereby orders all beaches to be closed to the public until further notice. The GTA with the support of National Security and the Ghana Police Service will begin patrols of the beaches from Tuesday, 24th March 2020, to ensure compliance with the closure order.”
Below is a copy of the statement:
- Related articles:
- Coronavirus: Parliament to temporarily relocate to AICC
- Minority walks out of Parliament over Corporate Insolvency Bill
- GJA proposes allowing journalists to work from home to help stop Coronavirus spread
- Markets in Accra, Tema being disinfected to prevent Coronavirus spread (VIDEO)
- #Coronavirus: Borders closed: Directive will last 2 weeks