The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, Ms Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey has said the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has since the outbreak killed a total of three Ghanaians in Europe.
She told the press in Parliament, including Graphic Online's Nana Konadu Agyeman on Wednesday [March 18, 2020] that all three people died outside of Ghana.
Explaining, the Minister said two died in Italy and the other passed away in Copenhagen, Denmark.
According to the Minister, one of the affected was aged 69 years.
- Related stories:
- COVID-19: Ghana records 7th confirmed Coronavirus case
- Two Italians prevented from entering Ghana over Coronavirus
- Ghana confronts Coronavirus head on
- Akufo-Addo meets to strategise how to produce sanitizers and medicines in Ghana for Coronavirus
- Ghana bans travellers from countries with more than 200 Coronavirus cases
- UN Ghana staff tests positive for Coronavirus, office shutdown
- Norway closes Ghana Embassy after staff tested positive for Coronavirus
- WHO identifies gaps in Ghana’s preparedness for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Noguchi has capacity to test 1000 cases a day, but only 166 samples tested since outbreak