Man electrocuted while tapping power

BY: Nana Yaw Barimah

An apprentice electrician resident at Obogu in the Asante-Akyem South District of Ashanti was electrocuted on Saturday while trying to tap power for the funeral of a resident.

According to eye witnesses, the apprentice electrician was connecting power from the national grid to enable a live band play at the funeral of a late resident Auntie Ataa, since the current in the town was too low.

Useful links Ghana Politics | Ghana Celebrity News | News in Ghana

No sooner had he climbed the light pole than he was seen dangling lifeless, with his legs held up by straps he used to climb up.

A number of young men managed to bring the body down.


Ghana News Headlines

For today's latest Ghana news, visit Graphic Online headlines page Ghana news headlines.