Murder of Tiger Eye PI member: President calls police to action

BY: Mabel Aku Baneseh
Ahmed Hussein-Suale
Ahmed Hussein-Suale

The gruesome murder of one of the members of Tiger Eye PI, an investigative journalism company, Ahmed Hussein-Suale, 31, has rocked the nation, with the President calling for swift action from the police.

The man who played a role in undercover investigations that collapsed the Ghana Football Association (GFA), causing FIFA to dismiss the GFA President, was shot dead by unknown assailants last Wednesday night.

Immediately after the incident, his family, the GJA and the government called for investigations to unmask the so-called faceless people behind the murder.

Counsel for Tiger Eye PI, Mr Kissi Agyabeng, also appealed to the police to investigate Mr Kennedy Agyapong, the Assin Central Member of Parliament (MP), who is alleged to have blown Hussein-Suale’s cover.

According to counsel, the MP endangered Hussein-Suale’s life when he (MP) showed his pictures on national television and allegedly incited the public to attack him.

Anas devastated

A devastated Anas Aremeyaw Anas, under whose supervision the Number 12 video was put together, told the Daily Graphic that he was pained by Ahmed’s death but the team would not relent in its efforts to seek justice for him.

He also assured Ghanaians that he was focused on fighting corruption.

Journalists and Ghanaians in general took to social media to condemn the act.

While others took on the MP for exposing Ahmed to danger, leading to his death, others were of the view that police investigators must spread their investigative tentacles beyond the legislator.


The Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service, Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, told the Daily Graphic that the police had begun investigations into the incident.

Asked if the police had made any headway in their investigations, the CID boss said: “We are working.”

She also said it was too early to make public progress of investigations but assured the public that the police were working around the clock to apprehend the suspects.

Meanwhile, the Homicide Unit of the CID has taken over investigations into Ahmed’s murder.

It has appealed to the public for information through:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; GhPoliceService (via Facebook); @GhPoliceService (twitter) and telephone numbers – 0244 623866, 0242814863 or toll free numbers 18555 and 191.

Bereaved family

It was a gloomy picture at the deceased’s family house at Madina, near Accra.

Relatives and friends of the deceased had returned from the Police Hospital morgue when the team from the Daily Graphic got there around 4 p.m.

One of the brothers of the deceased, Iddrisu Rahman, could not hold back his tears when the Daily Graphic attempted to interview him.

The eldest brother, Mr Ibrahim Tahidu, told the Daily Graphic that Ahmed had met the other family members for a routine daily meeting after work last Wednesday.

He said his brother received a call that one of his children was not well and for that reason he asked to be excused to attend to his sick child.

When Ahmed reached the entrance of his house in his car, a stoutly built young man on a motorbike snatched a gun from his accomplice and fired at Ahmed.

Mr Tahidu said an eyewitness told him that his brother was shot three times – twice in the chest and once in the neck.

The impact of the shots caused Ahmed to lose control of the steering wheel of the vehicle he was driving, resulting in the vehicle running into a nearby wooden structure.

He said he rushed to the Police Station to lodge a complaint, while his other family members hurriedly took Ahmed to hospital but he passed on not long after reaching the medical facility.

According to Mr Tahidu, eyewitnesses told him the two assailants had been hanging around the area for a week prior to his brother’s murder.


Mr Tahidu told the Daily Graphic that the police had released the deceased’s body to the family for burial.

The release, he explained, was done late yesterday and for that reason the body would be buried today.

Ken denies

Meanwhile, Mr Agyapong has told local media he is open for investigations over Ahmed’s murder.

According to him, he had no reason to kill a person who was irrelevant in his life.

Mr Agyapong distanced himself from Ahmed’s death, saying: “I don’t plot evil because the evil that men do lives after them.”

He also called on people to stop the speculations and allow the security agencies to conduct investigations into the murder.

Writer’s email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..