A factory worker was found dead after being electrocuted while charging his phone and using the earphones at the same time
He reportedly appeared to have been listening to music or talking to someone, with the mic section of the earphones resting over his lips.
The property owner visited the room the next morning on Sunday and found Kritsada’s lifeless body on the mattress with signs of burning around his ears.
Police from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand, arrived and carried the dead body from the property before sending it for a post-mortem examination.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong said police believe that Kritsada was fatally electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his smartphone at the same time.
The captain said: ‘’We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music.’"
Officers blamed a poor quality charger for the death.
Police Captain Polthong added: ‘’Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company.
"’It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.’"