Most of these apply equally to BOTH genders...
1) If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
2) If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay....
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
3) Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Likewise, don't make excuses for your own bad behviour. Take action, make change, and created the life you deseve. This list of 30 Things to Have and to Know Before Age 30 is a great place to start (even at 40, 50 or 60!)
4) Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Trust and value your own feminine wisdom.
5) Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be. And don't try to change him either, it just doesn't work. The only person you can change is yourself (These will help: 21 Tips to Promote Personal Well Being). As painful as it may be, sometimes it's better to step out of a bad relationship and step into your own happiness.
6) Slower is better. Some of the greatest love stories of all time took years to develop. Sure, love at first sight may be romantasized in the movies, but, like Rome, enduring love is not built in a day...
7) Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. (That means you need to find your own happiness first... And remember: Happiness is a journey, not a destination.)
8) If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve, then heck no, you can't 'be friends.' A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.
9) Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
10) Don't stay because you think 'it will get better.' You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
11) The only person you can control in a relationship is you. (See 7 above and 16 below)
12) Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't take responsibility when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
13) Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
14) Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you; if something bothers you, speak up.
15) Be aware that healthy relationships are built on trust, and that trust takes time to develop. It may be unwise to share too much of yourself and about yourself too quickly. (See 6 above)
16) You cannot change anyone else's behavior. Change comes from within. (See 7 above and create a better you with these 10 Rules for Amazing & Brilliant Women)
17) Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are, even if he has more education or a better job. And don't ever make him feel less important than you are either.
18) Do not make him into a quasi-god; he's a man, nothing more, nothing less.
19) Never let a man define who you are. (Be a queen, full of your own power and glory!)
20) Never borrow someone else's man, if he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.