Advertisement

The sad end of Red Scorpion

There once lived a notorious young man called Martin Ofosu. He was cruel and so evil that he had been nicknamed, Red Scorpion.


He robbed people, harassed them and beat them up. The sad thing was that, he committed those offences against his own people in the neighbourhood.


He had taken advantage of the people’s fear not to report him to the police for  fear that he would harm them once he came out to commit more crimes against them.

He would listen to nobody and had made himself the law in the neighbourhood. One day, things turned bad for him.


Martin had taken a lot of alcoholic beverage that day and so was heavily drunk. He went to one of the homes in the neighbourhood where they reared livestock.


He believed that nobody would be in the house around that time so his intention was to steal one of the goats  to sell as he usually did. When he got to the house, he went straight to the pen of the animals to steal the goat of his choice.


Things, however, turned bad for him when the animals started making noise. Apparently, the teenage daughter of the livestock owner did not go to school that day because she was ill. She was in the room sleeping when she heard the noise . She came out of her room to check what the problem was when she saw Martin trying to tie a rope around the feet of one of the goats.


Ayisha, as the girl was called, shouted at Martin to leave the animal . Startled to learn that somebody was  home, Martin put the animal down and turned around to take a look at who the person was. When he did and realised she was a young beautiful girl,  he had more evil thoughts .


Martin suddenly dropped his aggressive posture and sounding like a nice person asked Ayisha to draw closer to him using his fore finger to direct her  to exactly where he wanted her to stand.


Sensing danger, Ayisha ignored him and turned to leave but Martin run after her and brought her back to the pen. He pushed her onto the ground and then started to strip her off  her dress aggressively with the intention of defiling her.


Ayisha screamed and screamed loudly for help. Martin did not pay heed to her screams but rather laughed at her. Luckily, around the same time, the police patrol team was in the neighbourhood and heard her screams. They traced it to the house and luckily found Martin trying to take advantage of Ayisha.


One of the policemen, used the butt of his gun to hit Martin hard on the head and instantly, he fell on the ground in pain.


He was quickly whisked to the police station where after months of trial, he was sentenced to two decades in prison for assault and attempted defilement . Martin cried on the day he was whisked into a vehicle to spend 20 years of his life in a maximum security prison.


After a week in prison and going through the painful life there, Martin regretted the bad life he had led all these while and not listening to anybody. Now it was too late for him to turn things around. He was going to waste all his youthful years locked up in prison.


For other children not to end up like him, Martin joined the prison ministry on their outreach programmes to schools where he shared his troublesome life as a youth with them and urged them to desist from all bad habits.

Osei Bonsu Hal Kalistus,
Army Basic School.

 

Connect With Us : 0242202447 | 0551484843 | 0266361755 | 059 199 7513 |