Advertisement

How did you celebrate the Easter holidays at home?
Oheneba Kwasi Asare Tandoh

How did you celebrate the Easter holidays at home?

Some children were asked how they spent their Easter holidays at home and this is what they had to say.

 As far as I know, every year, on Palm Sunday, my father would insist we prepare palm nut soup with fufu but this year, nobody even remembered it was Palm Sunday.


My father forgot and only remembered the day after. He was so sad and acknowledged that we were indeed not in normal times.


Easter was spent at home without even stepping out of the gate. Since we started the partial lockdown, the only place I stepped foot was our porch and that was not to go and look at  what was happening around the neighbourhood, it was just to hang my towel and return to the house immediately.


After hanging my towel, I still had to go and wash my hands with soap under running water because I had touched the door handle.


I want the coronavirus to go so we can live our normal lives.

Oheneba Kwasi Asare,
Saints Peter and Paul School,
Accra.

 

 

This year, most of the celebrations were done indoors because of Covid-19 which has forced us all to stay at home.
My family and I started our Easter celebration on Good Friday. Normally, we would have gone to church to pray and fast but we had our service online. Our pastor led us in prayer and we shared in the communion as a family.
The next day was Holy Saturday. I was watching 'Teen Titans 'on Cartoon Network when my mum came in and said: “We are still going to enjoy this Easter.” We then went to the kitchen and prepared a lot of dishes.
On Sunday morning, our parents woke us up very early so we could have church service online with our general overseer, Dr Mensa Otabil. To be honest I dozed off from time to time. I laughed when I realised it.
Though this pandemic threatened to ruin our Easter celebration, we still tried to make it fun and memorable while staying safe. I am looking forward to the next Easter celebration, hopefully without Covid-19.

Ethel Agyekum-Oduro,
The Nest School Complex,
Takoradi, Western Region.

Because of the lockdown, we celebrated Easter indoors.


We listened to messages on the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ on television while at breakfast.


Afterwards,  we watched cartoons and had lunch. Then my parents helped us to read storybooks as well as do our homework sent through their phones by our teachers.


In the evening, we watched some movies, had supper and then went to bed. No church, no parties and no picnic on Easter Monday.

Esraela Ewurakua Agosanaa Mirekuh,
Brace Hill Academy,
McCarthy Hill Down, Accra.

 

 
I was able to have church service with my family online and it was nice.


The whole family dressed nicely and sat down and my dad used an app called Zoom. I was happy to see all my friends at church on the screen.


It felt like a normal church service because we sang praises, the pastor preached and we all danced. After the service we took communion.


We ate and stayed quiet since it was Good Friday. The rest of the days of Easter were spent indoors.

Harriet Sesina Adase,
The Nest School Complex,
Takoradi, Western Region.


Because we have been home for so long, I didn’t even know it was Good Friday until I saw something on television.


I then reminded my parents who had also forgotten about it so on Saturday we went to town to buy a few things.


On Sunday, we ate fufu and chicken soup and there was no picnic on Monday because of Covid-19. This Easter was exceptional with no activity at all because everybody was afraid of getting infected.


I am praying the disease goes away so that we can go to school very soon and also meet our friends and most importantly, enjoy next year’s Easter happily.


I would appeal to all to wash their hands with soap under running water regularly to prevent the spread of the virus.

Joel Mawuli Klutse,
Elsie Lund School,
Tamale, Northern Region.


This year’s Easter was not like always because we could not go to church, visit family and friends and do all the fun things that Easter brings.


With all these restrictions, we still managed to enjoy the holidays since there were no other options.


We are praying and hoping that next year will not be like this. We will be able to step out boldly, go to church and even have a picnic to make up for this year.


 We know God will listen to us.


The fact that we stayed home and didn’t enjoy much means the virus is indeed dangerous so we should all practise personal hygiene to prevent its spread.

Moreen and Doreen Opoku Boah,
The Nest School Complex,
Takoradi, Western Region.

Connect With Us : 0242202447 | 0551484843 | 0266361755 | 059 199 7513 |