Online sports betting firm, Betway, has launched a competition dubbed; the
Betway Fintech Challenge that aims to unearth new technologies and innovations in the delivery of financial services .
The contest is open to legal Ghanaian residents aged 18 and above and will accept applications from 19th February 2019 to 8th March 2019 in the following categories;
• Customer Connection & Experience Innovation – Solutions that enable merchants and customers to make payments in new ways. Any product that meets the need for cheaper, faster and easier payment processing, capable of engaging and activating the under-served and under-banked populations.
• Data-driven Design – Solutions that are characterized by their capacity to leverage the data gathered in a primary business into financial services, and may reduce transaction costs and improve decision-making, including using analytics to enhance risk and customer segmentation decisions.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
• Investment & Wealth Management – Solutions that will enable the provision of wealth management/investment services in new and unique ways.
• Blockchain – Solutions that will use the concept and principles of blockchain technology to build trust and transparency in financial services that will promote greater financial inclusion.
• Organizational or Process Transformation – Solutions that focus on disrupting a traditional process in any industry that requires payments and new ways to enhance service delivery.
Shortlisted finalists will be taken through training and workshops designed to equip them with knowledge on raising funds, pitching, branding and marketing amongst others, as well as new models and applications in the financial services space.
To enter into the
The five (5) finalists will be invited to pitch their start-up vision to a panel of judges. At the end of each
Speaking at the launch, the Country Manager (Marketing) of Betway, Kwabena Oppong Nkrumah stated that the main objective of the challenge was to create a