CAREER OPPORTUNITY – GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
ASSISTANT IT OFFICER
We are looking for a dynamic and results oriented individual who assist with the maintenance of the main software systems in the company to ensure continuous running of necessary systems.
Work with a team of IT Officers to:
- Ensure the smooth running of systems with no interruptions covering such areas as connectivity, daily database back-up, and support activities.
- Ensure intra-net, mail and other services are running without interruptions.
- Conduct regional visits to carry out maintenance as necessary.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of the GCGL network
- Support in any project the unit undertakes
- Escalate all unresolved challenges according to the unit’s escalation plan
- Send monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all activities undertaken
- Liaise with online team to improve GCGL online offerings
- Assist web designer to improve security and hosting of GCGL online solutions.
- Competency in Operating system software such as Suse Linux, Fedora, Redhat, Windows Family of Operating Systems for Servers and Personal Computers, and macOS
- Competency in the use of Database Management Tools and Databases such as the various flavours of SQL and Oracle and the requisite tools like Discoverer and Toad
- Experience in setting up networks, network management, and configuration of network-based devices
- Ability to install, diagnose faults and repair hardware such as Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Printers, Scanners, Routers, Switches, UPSs etc. without supervision
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and their applications to business
- Knowledge in Apps development, social media, digital marketing, online media solutions, and business process automation to improve GCGL offerings
- 1st Degree in Computer Science, Information Communications Technology or related field from a reputable tertiary institution plus a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience
- HND in Information Communications Technology or related field from a reputable tertiary institution plus a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
Certification in the needed competencies will be an advantage
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
DIRECTOR, HR & ADMINISTRATION
GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS GROUP LIMITED
- P. O. BOX GP 742, ACCRA
Closing date for submission of applications: 10 November, 2021
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.