All those who wish to contest various national executive positions in the National Democratic Congress (NDC) can now do so following the opening of nominations.
At a press conference in Accra on Monday, the General Secretary of the NDC, Mr Johnson Asiedu Nketia, said the opening of nominations will last for just three days from Thursday, August 23 to Saturday, August 25, 2018.
The forms will be available only at the party's national headquarters at Adabraka, according to Mr Asiedu Nketia.
Positions available to be contested for
The rest were National Communications Officer, two Deputy National Communications Officers, National Zongos Caucus Coordinator, National Youth Organiser, National Women’s Organiser, two Deputy Women’s Organisers, and five other executives without portfolios.
Mr Asiedu Nketia said the completed nomination forms are to be returned between August 29 and September 5, 2018.
He, however, said due to the amendments the party made during its last National Congress in Kumasi, they have reduced the six National Vice Chairperson positions to three.
He said venues for both the National Youth Conference and Women’s Conference as well as the National Congress will be announced later, adding that there will be separate elections for both the youth and women's wings of the party.
Mr Asiedu Nketia said apart from specified deputy positions in the party's electoral regulations, forms for all other deputy positions will go for GH¢2000.
Cost of Nomination Forms for the various positions
1. National Chairman (GH¢10,000)
2. National Vice Chairpersons (GH¢8000)
3. General Secretary (GH¢8000)
4. Deputy General Secretaries (GH¢6000)
5. National Organizer (GH¢6000)
6. Deputy National Organiser (GH¢4000)
7. National Communications Officer (GH¢6000)
8. Deputy National Communications Officers (GH¢2000)
9. National Zongos Caucus
10. National Youth Organiser (GH¢4000)
11. National Women’s Organiser (GH¢4000)
12. Five other executives without portfolios
Timetable for various activities
1. Purchasing Nomination (August 23 to Saturday, August 25, 2018)
2. Vetting and Balloting (September 10 to September 13, 2018)
3. Hearing of Petitions from Vetting (September 12 to September 17, 2018).
4. Outdooring of Notice of Polls (September 20, 2018).
5. National Youth and Women’s Conferences (October 13, 208)
6. National Congress (October 20, 2018)