Unknown assailants injure 3 persons at Sagnarigu with machetes

BY: Mohammed Fugu

Three persons sustained severe machete wounds Saturday night following an attack on a music promoter and entrepreneur, Mr Kofi Bahoma at his residence at the old airport area in the Sagnarigu Municipality in the Northern Region.

Graphic Online has gathered that the assailants stormed the residence of Mr Bahoma Saturday night moments after he had launched a new music label called “Bahoma Nation” and also signed a new artiste on the record label at a colourful ceremony at his residence.

Useful links Ghana Politics | Ghana Celebrity News | News in Ghana


According to eyewitnesses, moments after the program, some unknown persons numbering about six in a Rambo-style drove an old Nissan Patrol car with registration number, GR 5980 E to the premises of the music promoter’s house, brought out  machetes and started beating up people at the place, injuring three persons in the process.

Journalists and other guests who attended the event were not spared in the violent attack as they were beaten up mercilessly.

Ghana News Headlines

For today's latest Ghana news, visit Graphic Online headlines page Ghana news headlines.

The attackers are said to have destroyed items such as tables and chairs used for the event and subsequently bolted with a number of motorbikes.

The event is said to have been attended by many players in the entertainment industry in the region, including the Dagbong Naatia Salifu Shiraz, Chief Diema Naa I Hafiz Mohammed, Gushegu Saha Naa, and Fancy Gadam.

It is not clear what might have triggered the attack, but Graphic Online has gathered that a brother of one of the assailants who attended the event was allegedly assaulted by Mr Bahoma’s bodyguards.

For current Ghana news | Ghana Business News | News in Ghana


Mr Bahoma confirmed the attack in an interview and said he had lodged a complaint with the Tamale Metropolitan Police Command after the attack.

According to him, the attackers banged his doors with machetes several times and threatened to burn the house if he refused to come out from his hideout.

He said some of the guests made a distressed-call to the police and military but as of the time the security agencies arrived at the scene, the attackers had finished their operations and bolted with some motorbikes.

The Tamale Metro Police Command has confirmed the attack and said it has commenced investigations into the incident.