Kandahar Boys, a Tamale-based vigilante group believed to be affiliated to the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP), Monday morning locked up the offices of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Tamale Teaching Hospital (TTH),
Dr David Zaawumya Akolbila, on allegations that he was incompetent .
Moments after the Kandahar Boys had left the scene, some other young men, also said to be
According to eyewitnesses, the young men appeared to be irritated by the actions of the Kandahar Boys and challenged them to use the appropriate channels to demand the dismissal of
The Kandahar Boys, the Daily Graphic gathered, had accused
Ghana News Headlines
For today's latest Ghana news, visit Graphic Online headlines page Ghana news headlines.
They also accused him of awarding contracts to seven companies he owned and operated, alleging that, “
The Kandahar Boys have also alleged that the CEO, on a daily basis, issued threats to staff who complained about his “incompetence and mismanagement” of the health facility.
“The CEO, through a security officer, issued death threats on Madam Asana who is a worker at the hospital and a member of the regional communications team of the NPP.
“We are of the opinion that the CEO should not be allowed the opportunity to use the hospital as a conduit to enrich himself and send
“We, therefore, demand the immediate dismissal of
As of the time of going to press, no member of the hospital administration was ready to speak with the Daily Graphic.
The Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mr Mohammed Yussif Tanko, told the Daily Graphic that the police received a distress call about the attack on the hospital facility and immediately deployed personnel to the scene.
He said security had been beefed up at the facility to ensure calm and ward off the destruction of property.
“No arrest has been made so far, but we have commenced investigation into the incident,” DSP Yussif Tanko added.
Some members of the group manhandled this reporter and other journalists who were at the scene and seized their mobile phones for about 45 minutes to prevent them from taking images of the incident.