Two persons have been arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service in relation to the demolition of a building on the premises of the Nigeria High Commissioner in Accra.
The two, according to a press release issued by the CID were arrested on Monday, June 22, 2020.
“The Criminal Investigations Department in the course of investigation on Monday 22nd June 2020, arrested two persons involved in the demolition of a building on the premises of the Nigerian High Commission in Accra.”
They have been charged with conspiracy to Commit Crime to wit; Unlawful Entry and Causing Unlawful Damage.
A building under construction which is said to belong to the Nigeria High Commission in Accra was reported to have been demolished by some armed men on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- Related articles:
- Ghana Prez Akufo-Addo has apologised for demolition - Nigerian Presidency
- Ghana apologises to Nigeria over demolition of structure in Accra
- Nigeria demands action after attack on High Commission
- Foreign Affairs Ministry investigates demolition of Nigeria High Commission's property
- Read the full statement below: