Dr Obengfo remanded by court for NEIP Deputy CEO's death

BY: Graphic.com.gh
Dr Dominic Obeng Andoh in bandage leaving the court premises
Dr Dominic Obeng Andoh in bandage leaving the court premises

The Director of the Obengfo Hospital, Dr Dominic Obeng Andoh has been remanded in police custody.

This was after he was charged with murder by the police at the Accra District Court on Tuesday.

Together with his janitor, Edward Amponsah, who has also been charged with impersonation, the two have been remanded in police custody to assist with investigations into the death of Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme (NEIP), Stacy Offei-Darko.

The police on Tuesday told the court they were still investigating the case, and, if granted bail, the two will interfere with investigations. 

Edward Amponsah, the cleaner who sent the dead body to the hospital.

Ghana News Headlines

For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page

Read also: Police CID investigate Director of Obengfo Hospital over death of Deputy NEIP CEO

The Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID) arrested the Director of the Advanced Body Sculpt Centre following the death of Stacy Offei Darko at the facility.

The deceased, aged 37, is said to have died at the facility on Monday, May 21, 2018.

Authorities at the hospital are said to have failed to inform the family of the death of Stacy; but rather deposited her body at the morgue for three days before the mother of Stacy was informed.

The mother of the deceased, Nana Akosua Anima I is, therefore, accusing the owner of the Obengfo Hospital, of having a hand in the death of her daughter.

In court on Tuesday, the lawyer for the accused persons, Jonathan Dzaisu told the court, presided over by Afua Sackey that the facts presented by the prosecution do not support the charges levelled against his clients.

He prayed the court to grant his clients bail as the first accused person is a qualified medical doctor and a hard-working man who takes care of many Ghanaians.

The lawyer said his client has not been feeling well since his arrest and pleaded with the court to order the prosecution to enable him have access to health care.

The court adjourned the case to June 12.

Read also: Council closes down Obengfo Hospital

Related: Owner of Obengfo Hospital in trouble with the law: For failing to renew licence