There are indications a further extension of the deadline for fresh Senior High School candidates to secure school placement may be required.
A two-day reprieve granted over 150,000 Basic School graduates who could not be placed in any Senior High School of their choice across the country under the Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) expires today, September 5.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) on August 31, gave the affected candidates by close of business today to secure for themselves placement in schools amidst assurances by educational authorities that no student would be left without a school.
There are reports however, of parents and candidates still hunting for placement as the deadline draws near.
The GES is directing candidates to go to www.csssps.gov.gh to secure placement. An earlier directive contained in a statement signed by the Ag. Director-General Prof. Kwaku Opku-Amankwa, had asked those affected to “go to the official website www.myjhsresult.net for the process.
It also cautioned that once a candidate completes the process and hits the submit button, the choice cannot be changed.
The 8-step process
- Visit www.csssps.gov.gh
- Log in with your index number, then your pin code number, to check your placement status.
- If you are not placed, the link to the self-placement will then follow.
- Click on the link to open the self-placement module.
- Select the region of your choice.
- Select the school of choice.
- Select the programme of choice.
- Click on the 'Submit Button' to place yourself.
From here a candidate can then print the placement form.