The skilful dancer

Ajata had been a skilful dancer since he was a little boy.

His ability to perform very beautiful dance moves, the skilful manner he moved his legs and twisted his waist  was a delight to watch.

Advertisement

Ajata inherited those great dance moves from his grandfather, Ikese, who was himself a talented dancer.

Before his death, Ikese took his grandson to the numerous events he was paid to perform.

Although his plan was for Ajata to assist with the playing of the traditional instruments while he performed, Ajata took advantage to watch his grandfather’s performances and that was how he learnt those beautiful dance moves.

With time, he could even perform with his grandfather and it was an explosion of talent.

In one of their performances, his grandfather was so impressed that when they got home, he called Ajata to his room and there he remarked: “I can see that you are doing well now. God willing, you will soon become a master too.

You will grow mighty and  no stone will make you stumble.”

Thereafter, Ikese picked a box under his bed and handing it over to Ajata he stated that since Ajata had decided to take after him, he was leaving him with the content of the box.

‘This thing is the only way to your success.’ With this, he laid down on the bed and that was the end — he died.

Shortly after his grandfather’s burial and final funeral rites, life became tough for Ajata. He received no invitation to perform at functions and that affected his economic fortunes.

Ajata, therefore, went to see an old friend of his grandfather who owned a dance troupe.

The man readily offered to take Ajata on as one of his dancers. They performed at various functions and so he started earning income.

All this while, Ajata had completely forgotten about the box his grandfather left him. His dance troupe was invited to perform at a major international event.

A few days to the event, he was looking for something under his bed when he saw the box his grandfather left him.

He quickly picked it up and opened it for the first time only to find a very beautiful dancing shoes used for their kind of performances.

The dancing shoes were so different from all the other shoes he had come across. Right there, he decided to use it at the international event.

On the day of the event, when the dance troupe was called to perform, he did so well in the shoes that as if by magic, he won the hearts of most of the dignitaries present, among whom was the Director-General of UNESCO, who readily gave him a mouth-watering offer.

Soon, Ajata became a United Nations cultural ambassador which came with huge financial benefit.

Ajata became very successful, powerful and famous. He travelled to several countries and kingdoms among which was Moroka Kingdom where King Gambia gave him his daughter's hand in marriage.


Adadzi Justine,
Bright Memorial Preparatory School,
Peki.

Connect With Us : 0242202447 | 0551484843 | 0266361755 | 059 199 7513 |

Like what you see?

Hit the buttons below to follow us, you won't regret it...

0
Shares