Isaac Dogboe: I’ll restore Ghana’s lost glory
Promising Ghanaian boxer, Isaac "Royal Storm" Dogboe, says he is on a mission to restore Ghana’s lost glory by ending the country’s long wait for another world title.
The youngster is warming up for a potential world title shot against the winner of the October 31 title fight between WBO super bantamweight champion, Jessie Magdaleno and Cesar Juarez in Las Vegas. The Ghanaian’s sixth round TKO victory over Argentine Javier Chacon in a WBO super bantamweight title eliminator at the Bukom Boxing Arena last month put him in line for a world title fight as he improved his ring record to 17 wins in 17 fights.
"The time is right and the entire nation is crying for a world title and I believe I can end Ghana's wait by becoming a champion.
"I will move to United Kingdom and Australia to kick start my preparations ahead of my potential world title shot with the winner of Jessie Magdaleno and Cesar Juarez fight," 22-year-old Dogboe told the media in Accra ahead of his planned trip to the UK and Australia which he said had the facilities and infrastructure to propel him to be become a world champion.
A confident Dogboe told the Graphic Sports that he was ready to take over the world.
"I don't want anyone to stand in my way and I am determined to slug it out with any champion either in the WBC, WBO or the IBF in order to conquer the world," he added.
The boxer’s father and trainer, Paul Dogboe, said he was confident he would defy all odds to make sure he seized his opportunity at the world stage.
He debunked assertions in the public domain that Dogboe could be rushing into world title fights too early at his age, and stated that every boxer needed bout to prove his worth.
"I believe in him and I have the confidence that he will take his opportunity when given the opportunity soon.
"Isaac being desperate to have his world title shot doesn't mean he is in a rush at his age because I believe he can do it such as Mike Tyson who became a world champion at the age of 19," he said.