Mac Miller: US rapper died from drug overdose

By: bbc
Mac Miller
Mac Miller died fro drug overdose
facebook sharing button
twitter sharing button
whatsapp sharing button
email sharing button
sharethis sharing button

US rapper Mac Miller died as a result of an accidental overdose involving cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, a coroner has concluded.

The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner - Coroner confirmed Mac Miller's cause of  death on Monday.

Get Digital Versions of Graphic Publications by downloading Graphic NewsPlus Here. Also available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store

The 26-year-old, who rose to fame after topping US charts with his debut album in 2011, was found dead at his California home in September.

Ex-girlfriend Ariana Grande called him "an angel"in a song at the weekend.

She was among many stars and fans to pay tribute to the performer following his death.

Chance the Rapper, SZA and Miguel were among the artists to perform at a tribute concert at the weekend. 

Grande calls Miller "an angel" in her new track 'Thank U, Next'

Fentanyl, a powerful painkiller that tends to be cheaper and more potent than heroin, has played a major part in the USA's opioid crisis.

An estimated 200 people die of overdoses every day, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.

The drug was also a factor in the fatal overdose suffered by rapper Lil Peep in November 2017.