For many people, Valentine’s Day is just another day. For others, it’s a day to show extra special love to their beloveds; and for the rest, it might be a day to consider getting in touch with their spiritual selves.
It can also be a day to honor the divine—God, goddesses, spirits, and so on. You can also create magic by getting in touch with your heart center—that is, spend time by yourself and engage in self-love while honoring our wonderful universe.
In addition, this day can be a good opportunity to focus on spiritual love, first within yourself and then expanding to the world around you.
Here are some ideas:
- Embark on a regular meditation practice.
- Set intentions for the day.
- Take a walk in nature.
- Use this day as a springboard for developing a new relationship.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Write a letter to a special person.
- Indulge in a day of self-care or nurturing.
- Buy some books you’ve never read before at your local bookstore.
- Read love poetry.
- Perform a ceremony with exotic teas.
- Write a poem for the universe.
- Create an altar of items with love vibrations (that is, hearts, roses, crystals, raspberries, strawberries, sandalwood candles).
- Clean out your closet, and rid yourself of those items you no longer love.
Overall, on this day, try to focus on your own happiness and what makes your heart sing, which will also result in making the hearts of others sing.
Try to visit your happy place, and soak up the energy so that you carry it with you in the days to come.
Happy Valentine’s Day!