NaBCo personnel to get first employment in public sector — Dr Frimpong
The Technical Economic advisor to the Vice President, Dr Samuel Kwadwo Frimpong, has said beneficiaries of the Nation Builders Corps (NaBCO) will be the first to be considered for government employment should there be employment opportunities in the public sector.
His assertion was based on the fact that they would have the required skills and experience needed in public service to implement the various government policies geared towards building a strong economy.
He urged graduates to take advantage of NaBCo to gain the needed skills and experience and position themselves for permanent employment in the future.
Government, he said, had initiated a lot of policies focused on creating jobs and building a robust economy which would require experience and skilful personnel to take over and implement them effectively.
Dr Frimpong was speaking to some national service persons in Ho during the launch of the National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) Ho Municipal maiden Excellence Award over the weekend.
Ghana News Headlines
For today's latest Ghana news, visit Graphic Online headlines page Ghana news headlines.
The economic adviser, who was part of the team that developed the NaBCo concept, advised people to focus on the opportunity NaBCo offered and ignore detractors whose ambition was to direct focus on the modest stipend being paid to rubbish the programme.
According to him, the high rate of unemployment was negatively affecting the economy of the country and for that matter something ought to be done to address the issue.
‘Every year, we have about 60,000 graduates doing national service. Out of this figure, only 10 per cent get employment, leaving a chunk of 90 per cent to survive on their own’.
He said the unemployment situation was high because people were not patriotic and also were not interested in volunteerism.