Police CID investigate Director of Obengfo Hospital over death of Deputy NEIP CEO

BY: Graphic.com.gh
The late Stacy Offei Darko
The late Stacy Offei Darko

The Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID), has arrested the Director of the Advanced Body Sculpt Centre, Obengfo Hospital, Dr Dominic Obeng-Andoh, following the death of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer for National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme (NEIP), Stacy Offei Darko at the facility.

The deceased, aged 37, is said to have passed away at the facility on Monday, May 21, 2018.

According to a Citi FM report, authorities of the hospital, however, failed to inform the family of the death of Stacy; but rather deposited her body at the morgue for three days.

The mother of the deceased, Nana Akosua Anima I is, therefore, accusing the owner of the Obengfo Hospital, of having a hand in the death of her daughter.

Read also: Owner of Obengfo Hospital in trouble with the law: For failing to renew licence

Read also: Council closes down Obengfo Hospital

Director of Obengfo Hospital, Dr Dominic Obeng-Andoh

According to Nana Akosua Animah, her daughter fell ill and sought medical attention at the Obengfo Hospital but died on Monday after her admission.

She also claims her daughter was not given proper treatment.

Ghana News Headlines

For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page

“The police CID has arrested the Director of Obengfo Hospital. He is currently at the Nima Police Station. There were many accomplices who are also behind bars. They have also arrested some of his nurses and investigations are still in progress,” she told Citi FM in an interview.

She added that the bereaved family was awaiting a post-mortem report before its next line of action.

“The corpse has been taken to Korle Bu for postmortem to determine exactly what my daughter was injected with. Even a chicken won’t be treated like she was. We will decide what we do after we receive the postmortem report,” she added.

The Obengfo Hospital has since been temporarily closed.