Media competition on migration reporting launched
A media competition on migration and free movement reporting has been launched in Accra with a call on media practitioners in the country to prioritize migration and free movement reporting.
The competition, organised by Media Response, an NGO, with support from FMM West Africa aims to find best reporters or journalists who report on migration and free movement of persons.
The media contest, which was opened on Friday, July 27, closes on September 13, 2018.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
The twelve best entries will receive various awards, with the winning stories published in a handbook on investigative journalism and migration for media practioners in West Africa.
• Must be 18 or above, journalist, blogger, reporter, presenter, advocate or social media activist
• Participants may submit stories in any of the following formats: Text with photographs, Audio or Video.
• Entries must be in English and related to migration, migrants’ rights or free movement of persons in West Africa
• Audio & Video entries must not be more than 15 minutes duration.
• Text entries must not be less than 250 words and not more than 1,000 words
• Participants can send up to three stories
• Entries sent must clearly indicate the Name, Contact Number, Email of person submitting, Title of the Story.
Judging Criteria:- Content - 20%; Originality - 20%; Newsworthiness - 20%; Clarity of Expression - 15%; Social Impact - 10%; Inspirational Power - 10%.