Official results: Mahama secures 95.23 per cent endorsement to lead NDC to 2020
The certified results from the Electoral Commission indicate that former President John Dramani Mahama secured 95.23 endorsement, to lead the National Democratic Congress (NDC) as flagbearer to Election 2020
Mahama polled 213,487 votes representing 95.23 percent of the total valid votes cast with the other six contenders managing with about 4 percent.
Coming second was Professor Joshua Alabi who had a total of 3404 votes representing 1.52 .
The Second Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Alban S.K. Bagbin followed in the third position with a total of 2301 votes representing 1.03 .
Goosie Tanoh came fourth with a total of 2091 votes representing 0.93 .
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
Ekwow Spio Garbrah came fifth with 1447 votes representing 0.65 as against 934 votes by Sylvester Mensah in the sixth position representing 0.42 percent.
Alhaji Nurudeen Alhassan is in the seventh position with 520 votes representing 0.23 .
The total votes cast were 225,521.
The total valid votes were 224,184 whilst those rejected were 1327.
The total registered voters were 262,142.
- Related stories
- Why Rawlings failed to vote in NDC presidential race
- NDC Primaries: Sylvester Mensah concedes defeat to Mahama
- Alhaji Nurideen concedes to John Mahama
- Mahama in a 'very comfortable lead' in NDC flagbearer race
- Bagbin beats Mahama in Nadowli-Kaleo constituency
- Sylvester Mensah loses La Dadekotopon 'home constituency' to Mahama
- Alabi loses home constituency Krowor to Mahama
- NDC headquarters massively for John Mahama as flagbearer