The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) would from January 2,
2019 commence the use of an electronic platform for registration of vehicles .
The DVLA has, therefore, directed vehicle owners who wish to have their vehicles registered in 2019, to begin the process on its e-platform from Monday, December 3 to December 31, 2018.
“Customers are advised to provide their Tax Identification Numbers (TIN) which is a pre-requisite for the registration process,” the DVLA indicated in a statement issued on Friday, November 30, 2018.
According to the statement signed by Public Relations Manager, Francis Asamoah Tuffuor vehicles who wish to register their vehicles in 2019 should follow the process below to be issued with a new vehicle registration document:
Ghana News Headlines
For today's latest Ghana news, visit Graphic Online headlines page Ghana news headlines.
- Present vehicles to the Private Vehicle Test Station (PVTS) for inspection.
- Present vehicles to DVLA for customs clearance, technical inspection and identity check.
- DVLA officer will select the appropriate vehicle category and generate an invoice.
- Make payment at the DVLA office from January 2, 2019
- Undergo bio-metric capture at DVLA office
- A new registration document (Certificate of tile, Vehicle Smart Card), number plate and other documents would be issued
Below is a copy of the DVLA statement:
the statement below: