Court grants Salifu 'Mugabe' Maase Gh¢50,000 bail in false publication case
The Accra Circuit Court has admitted Salifu Maase a.k.a. Mugabe, a radio show host, to bail in the sum of Gh¢50,000 with three sureties
court, presided over by Mrs Eva Bannerman Williams, granted the radio show host bail following an application for bail by his counsel, Mr Godwin Edudzi Tamakloe on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 morning.
Mugabe has been charged with offensive conduct to breach public peace and publication of false news to cause fear and panic.
He is said to have described the Inspector General of Police (IGP) and all police officers in the country as fools during a political show - Inside Politics - on Accra based Radio XYZ on Feb 8, 2019.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
He is also said to have stated on the same show on March 8, that the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) had planned to kill the journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni of Multimedia Group.
Maase has a segment on the Inside Politics afternoon programme known as Moments of Truth and allegedly made the statements during that segment.
Hearing of the case continues on May 2, 2019.
Meanwhile the Director General of Criminal Investigations Department of the Police, DCOP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah at a press conference on Tuesday said Maase during police interrogations said he made the statements “under the spirits.”
- Read also:
- Police invite Mugabe over threat on Manasseh’s life
- Radio show host Salifu 'Mugabe' Maase charged with publication of false news
- VIDEO: Joy News 'militia" documentary misleading - Government
- Montie 3 released from Akuse Prison - says
- Montie FM's Mugabe returns to the airwaves
- Montie FM, 3 others for Supreme Court Tuesday
- ‘Montie 3’ remission was lawful-Supreme Court rules
- Court to decide on judgement date for Montie trio pardon challenge
- Supreme Court had no power to jail Montie trio – Martin Amidu