Callum Hudson-Odoi - the first Premier League player confirmed to have tested positive for Covid-19 - has said on a video message to fans that he has already recovered from coronavirus.
Early on Friday morning, Chelsea announced that the winger displayed cold-like symptoms on Monday morning and so was a priority to be tested. In a statement, Chelsea confirmed that the entire first-team squad and some of Frank Lampard's staff would self-isolate after coming into contact with Hudson-Odoi.
Speaking out for the first time since news emerged of his positive test, Hudson-Odoi was upbeat and said that he had returned to full health after just a few days of sickness.
'Hi guys, as you may be aware I had the virus for the last couple of days, which I've recovered from,' he said in a video sent from self-isolation.
'I'm following the health guidelines and self-isolating myself from everybody for the week.
'I hope to see everybody soon and hope to be back on the pitch very soon.'
After telling players not to report from training in order to perform a deep clean on Thursday, the club have now partially closed two buildings at their Cobham base.
Chelsea are scheduled to play Aston Villa on Saturday evening, but that game now looks certain to be cancelled. Their game against Bayern Munich in the Champions League next Wednesday was called off by UEFA on Friday morning.
A decision was made to cancel Lampard's Friday morning press conference.
Hudson-Odoi, who has not played since a 2-2 draw with Leicester on February 1, displayed cold-like symptoms on Monday morning and has stayed away from the club since then. His test result was returned on Thursday night.
The club said despite testing positive, the 19-year-old was 'doing well and looking forward to returning to the training ground as soon as it is possible'.
'Chelsea personnel who had recent close contact with the player in the men's team building will now self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines,' read a statement. 'These will include initially the full men's team squad, coaching staff and a number of backroom staff.
'It is expected that those who did not have close contact with Callum will return to work in the coming days. In the meantime, the men's team building, one of several separate buildings at our training ground, will remain closed. The rest of our training facility, Stamford Bridge and our other facilities are operating as normal.
'Callum displayed symptoms similar to a mild cold on Monday morning and has not been at the training ground since then as a precaution. However, his test came in positive this evening and he will undergo a period of self-isolation. Despite testing positive for the virus, Callum is doing well and looking forward to returning to the training ground as soon as it is possible.
'We will continue to adhere to Government and Public Health Guidelines with regard to our facilities and staff and will be discussing next steps with regards to upcoming fixtures with the Premier League on Friday morning. We will provide further updates as necessary via the club's website.
'We wish Callum a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back to the club soon.'