Bayern Munich abandon Hudson-Odoi chase

Author: Daily Mail
Callum Hudson-Odoi

Bayern Munich appear to have abandoned their pursuit of Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi in this transfer window.

The 18-year-old had been linked with a big-money move to the German champions, who have made no secret of their admiration for the England youth international.

But, speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Bayern coach, Niko Kovac said there was 'nothing more happening' on the transfers front.

Hudson-Odoi had pushed for a move to the Bundesliga champions by handing in a transfer request at Stamford Bridge. 

He was left out of the match-day squad for Chelsea's 4-0 defeat by Bournemouth on Wednesday night . 

Maurizio Sarri insisted he was not being punished but was omitted for tactical reasons.

"He was with us and he played three days ago," the Chelsea boss said. "There was Willian, so I had only one winger on the bench. We have four wingers, one had to be in the stands."

Hudson-Odoi only has 18 months remaining on his current deal and the club hope they can convince him to sign extended terms. 

The main grievance for the youngster has been a lack of opportunity to prove himself in the Premier League but time will tell if Sarri entrusts him with more minutes between now and the end of the season.