Reminder: 2018 Budget Macroeconomic Highlights
As the nation patiently await the Mid-Year review of the “Putting Ghana back to work” 2018 national budget, here is a reminder of the macroeconomic targets of the government in the 2018 Budget.
Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta is expected in parliament Thursday morning to present a review of the 2018 budget, as the year shifts into the final half.
Ghana News Headlines
For latest news in Ghana, visit Graphic Online news headlines page Ghana news page
Give or take, the prayer of many has been that the targets review will reflect an improvement.
- Overall GDP growth rate of 6.8 percent
- Non-oil GDP growth rate of 5.4 percent
- End period inflation rate of 8.9 percent
- Average inflation rate of 9.8 percent
- Fiscal deficit of 4.5% percent GDP
- Primary balance (surplus) of 1.6 percent of GDP
- Gross Foreign Assets to cover at least 3.5 months of imports of goods and services.