Players in the oil and gas industry last Friday, December 9, gathered at the Kempinski Hotel for the ninth edition of the Ghana Oil and Gas Awards which seek to celebrate companies who have distinguished themselves in the industry under the year under review.
The awards which was organised Xodus Communication, brought together players in the upstream and downstream petroleum sector, stakeholders, and policy makers.
In his opening remarks, the Events Director of Xodus Communication, Richard Abbey Jnr, said the Ghana Oil and Gas Awards seeks to celebrate outstanding achievers in the industry.
He said the awards recognises the achievements from local and international companies involved in Ghana oil and gas sector and also rewards individuals who have played a defining role in moving the industry forward.
He noted that the oil and gas industry was enthusiastic about the proposed Petroleum Hub, which they believed would help the country to take advantage of the Africa Free Continental Trade Area agreement.
“We call on stakeholders to support the initiative so that we can curb the depreciation of our currency and reduce imports of petroleum products.
“This actions comes with a political will and we hope government and successive ones will align in that regard,” he stated.
Mr Abbey also pointed out that Xodus Communication was currently in the final stages of implementing ISO 20121 in its operations.
He said the ISO 20121 standard specifies the requirements for an event sustainability management system for any event or event-related activity.
“Implementing and complying with this standard would help us manage our events and control their social, economic, and environmental impact.
“It would also help us improve our awards' transparency, integrity, and professionalism while ensuring our resources' efficient use,” he stated.
Hall of Fame 2022
1. Oil Marketing Company Of The Year- Goil Plc
2. Petroleum Retailer/Dealer Of The Year- Madam Aretha Bakers Woode (Bethel Construction And Trading Enterprise)
3. Lubricant Product Of The Year- Total Energies – (Total Quartz 9000)
4. Excellence In Corporate Social Responsibility – Downstream
Vivo Energy Ghana, Shell Licensee
5. Bulk Distribution Company Of The Year - Juwel Energy
6. Haulage Company Of The Year - Kodson Plus Company Limited
7. Oil And Gas Insurer Of The Year- Star Assurance
8. Engineering And Construction Company Of The Year- Technipfmc Ghana Limited
9. LPG Marketing Company Of The Year- Andev Company Limited
10. Oil And Gas Logistics Company Of The Year- Kodson Plus Company Limited
11. Oil And Gas Service Company Of The Year (Gas)- Ghana National Gas Company
12. Oil And Gas Service Company Of The Year (Bunkering)- Goil Plc
13. Oil And Gas Service Company Of The Year (Upstream)- Rigworld Group
14. Excellence In Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (Depot)- Tema Tank Farm Limited
15. Excellence In Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (Haulage)- Kodson Plus Company Limited
16. Excellence In Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (Upstream)- Technipfmc Ghana Limited
17. Petroleum Retailer/Dealer Of The Year- Andev Company Limited
18. Indigenous Oil Company Of The Year - Petrosol Ghana Limited
19. Excellence In Corporate Social Responsibility - Upstream - Ghana National Gas Company
20. Oil And Gas Personality Of The Year (Downstream)- Mr Isaac Asante- Gaso Petroleum Limited
21. Local Content Initiative Award- Tullow Ghana Limited
22. Oil Marketing Company Of The Year- Total Energies
23. Brand Of The Year- Goil Plc
24. Emerging Brand Of The Year- Engen Ghana Limited
25. Promising Oil and Gas Company of The Year- Jp Trustees Limited
26. Depot of The Year- Tema Tank Farm Limited
27. Lubricant Product of The Year- Lubricants Supplies Ghana – Castrol
28. Bulk Distribution Company of the Year- Chase Petroleum Ghana Limited
29. Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility – Downstream- Total Energies
30. Best Growing Oil & Gas Company of the Year - IBM Petroleum Limited
31. Entrepreneur of The Year- Mr Kodime Agbemador- Kodson Plus Company Limited
32. CEO of The Year (Downstream)- Mrs Yvette Selormey – Sahara Group
33. CEO of The Year (Upstream)- Dr Ben K.D Asante- Ghana National Gas Company
34. Special Recognition – Leadership Excellence Awards -Mr Kwaku Bediako - Chairman, Chase Group