No matter how solid your relationship, there’s always room for improvement. You love your significant other, and you know there’s value in trying to better your life together. So, it’s time to make that bond even stronger.
Here are 10 everyday habits you never knew could improve your relationship.
• Focus on what your partner does right: Pet peeves are a real thing, and your partner is bound to trigger yours from time to time.
If you look for things your partner does wrong, you can always find something. If you look at what he or she does right, you can always find something, too. It all depends on what you want to look for. Happy couples accentuate the positive.
• Spanking each other: Little love taps throughout the day are nice, but that’s not exactly what we’re talking about here. Sure, giving your partner a pat on the bum lets them know you care, but you may be surprised at just how beneficial it can be. In fact, upping your spanking game to the next level just may help you bond more with your partner.
• Work out together: You know exercising is good for your heart but did you know doing it with your partner is also good for your relationship? Romantic relationships thrive on all sorts of feel-good hormones.
So, given all the endorphins released during a good sweat session, it’s only natural the positive effects of your workout will trickle on over into your love life.
• Kiss often: Small but mighty, even a simple peck on the cheek goes a long way. You’re conveying to your partner how much you love them, even when the two of you are just hanging out.
In fact, kissing often is directly linked to relationship satisfaction. So, if you and your partner have been distant lately, now you have more than enough reason to lock lips more often.
• Communicate using your partner’s love language: We all have our preferences when it comes to how we show our love for someone else. More importantly, knowing not only your own but also your partner’s, love language is key in any relationship.
Even if you know your own love language, it’s imperative you know your partner’s, as well. Be sure you’re communicating your love for them using their preferred language, rather than your own.
• Compliment each other: Who doesn’t love a good compliment? And one that comes from your significant other? Well, there’s nothing better than that. Doling out praise can go a long way for your relationship, too. Don’t fight the feeling to tell your partner just how great you think they are.
• Show some PDA: Too much PDA can be irritating, but just the right amount could end up improving your relationship. So, go ahead and hold your partner’s hand when you’re shopping in the mall or snuggle up to them when you’re at the movies with your friends. A little PDA can go a long way.”
• Go to bed at the same time: Fostering closeness with your boo is key. And one way to improve your bond is by switching up your bedtime routine. It’s important to make a point of hitting the hay at the same time as your partner. Some extra cuddle time certainly never hurts.
• Kill your TV: OK, so we know turning your brain off at the end of a long day is necessary. And watching your favourite show with your significant other is even better.
But, there’s something to be said about turning the TV off and taking the time to connect with your partner. Ditching the TV time helps the two of you connect.
• Cook dinner at home: Going out to restaurants is nice, but eating in is good, too. Not only will it save you money, but you’ll also be able to enjoy a cozy night in — just the two of you. So, the next time you’re tempted to hit the town, opt for cooking a new dish together.